Richard Nixon was a saint. Ronald Reagan must have been one too! I am also sure the whole Bush family are angels from a lone star heavenly state. Okay, joking aside, isn’t there is a certain audacity among Republicans?
They accuse Democrats of wanting to tax and spend, but they (the Republicans) always borrow more money and spend a hell of a lot more – to fund their stupid wars and payoff military contractor friends. They accuse Obama of being foreign born, yet their poster boys McCain and Cruz were born outside the US!Liars and Hypocrites. States governed by Republicans are proudly and uniquely the poorest states in America, take in $2 for every $1 dollar of federal taxes paid (i.e. their state governments are on ‘welfare’) and most importantly they have more people in prison than in colleges, and have the highest high school dropout rates. The empirical evidence – irrefutably proving their formula for success and prosperity is bleak.
But, BIG BUT … what is so angering is how their current rhetoric is so filled with contempt and hatred.It’s become the party of Christian, White, Male supremacists – and we Iranians have become the butt of their hatred. It is absolutely disgusting and deplorable. Listening carefully, they are accusing Iranians everywhere – I am talking Iranians in America, ordinary Iranians in Iran as well as the Mullah theocracy – of being cheats, liars, and untrustworthy. It’s a travesty.
Then, this week we have the Republican Party re-affirm its hatred for Iranians on the lawn on Capitol Hill outside the halls of congress. This was of coarse a follow up ranting aboutimmigrants via Donald Trump’s mouth. Calling Mexicans rapists and criminals. Yes, the Republicans hate immigrants – among them one has to include Iranian-Americans.
Their hatred in fact runs deeper. They are racists too. I listen to talk radio, read their blogs! It is absolutely disgusting. It is horrific how Republicans come on line denigrate Obama for being black or even worse … a closet Muslim. The conversation never starts with an objective review of his policies. No, he can’t be right on anything because he is a closet Muslim, born in Africa.
You can argue, the people talking are mere sheep…led by irresponsible Republican Party leadership. Perhaps that is true. But, it is also very clear that leaders in the party are incredibly irresponsible and polarizing. And by their own statements, one has to conclude that Republican Party Leaders hate Iran and Iranians. They have never had any real respect for Iran or Iranians.
Here are Five +1 waysthey have shown it:
- Take Senator Graham this week. He accused Iranians of being behind the 9/11 attacks. This followed his statements last month describing all Iranians as liars. I personally find it offensive even if he was referring to the leadership or the Mullahs. All politicians are liars so what is new? No, he must have been referring to Iranians in general … because he knows that all politicians are professional liars. And he is a liar too. In any case, he continued the pattern of Republicans of humiliating and disrespecting Iranians. That is a simple fact. Moreover, the fact that he got away with it, and there was no back clash from his party establishment says it all. No apology. No retraction. And Republican Party stood with him.
Senator Graham must be a saint too. I am sure the fact that he is single, unmarried and powerful in Washington does not make him a Homosexual pedophile as alleged of his long-time colleague Dennis Hastert. But like anything else, I would not be surprised if in 20 years it all comes back to haunt him. Republicans will likely stand silent then, like they are with Dennis Hastert now.
This is yet more Republican hypocrisy. He would never dare call David Cameron, the Brits or Benjamin Netanyahu or Israelis liars – would he? How long has Israel been denying even the presence of a nuclear program, let alone its 400 nuclear war heads, without any inspections from the IAEA? As for their staunch allies, Britain, well their reputation precedes them… in North America itself. Check out America’s own revolutionary history, before being reminded how Winston Churchill lied to Dwight Eisenhower about Mossadegh being a communist and Russian pawn. But, it shows the high respect Republicans have for Iran and Iranians.
- I found Tom Cotton’s open letter to the mullahs offensive too. If you look at the other 46 signatories of the letter – they were primarily Republicans. It was an expression of bad faith. “Oh don’t sign this agreement because we’re going to humiliate Hillary with some skeleton in her closet and there will be a Republican in the Whitehouse and you (Iranians) will be bombed to oblivion” That was essentially, what it said. Iran, you have wasted the last 10 years negotiating sanctions relief and placing limits on your nuclear program (that by the way was initially sold to you by the U.S…. by Republican President, Eisenhower, no less). Yes, Eisenhower sold Iran a nuclear reactor with plutonium in it. Now Republicans are the ones saying Iran has fouled having enriched Uranium. Total bullshit! More hypocrisy!
And he hasn’t stopped his offensive comments. Just recently noted of Iran that the U.S. could “set them back to day zero,” Really Tom? Nuke Iran, and turn it into a parking lot! Really?
- Perhaps John McCain thinks he was funny but singing “Bomb, bomb, Bomb Iran” in public to the Beach Boys tune was offensive too. Not very funny. No Mr. McCain, Iranians are not ants to be crushed without consideration… to be bombed to oblivion.It is not funny to joke about bombing anyone. Especially from a former war veteran like him, who understand the vast devastation caused by bombings? For Republicans, like McCain, war is the only solution to conflicts. Republicans are one trick donkeys. That is not only idiotic, but also downright ruthless and irresponsible. Anyway, the time to bomb Iran has gone. It should have trumped the Iraq invasion, U.S. could have just walked in and handed Iranians the freedom. The same freedom Americans took away from Iranians – in 1952 and 1980. It was a total miscalculation then. McCain is part of the same old crowd that have sewn the demise of the U.S. as a superpower and leader of the ‘free’ world with their lies and hypocrisy.
- Former Republican party’sdegenerate luminaries like Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, John Bolton pay annual homage to Iran’s most hated cult: namely the RAJAVISTS/NCRI/MEK/MKO/MONKEYS in Paris for their phony rallies where they pump up numbers by paying people off the streets to sit in. This cult, besides siding with all of Iran’s current and past enemies who would see Iran cut up into pieces (Saddam Hussein, Israel, you name it…) and participating in the killing of Iranians, is the most undemocratic, most fanatic and most repressive group – hated by NOT just the regime in Iran, but ALL opposition groups, AND most broadly by the people of Iran. In effect, the Republican Party is saying when we bomb Iran, we will impose a Rajavi dictatorship on Iranians. That, my friends is abusive and offensive. F*** the Rajavis and the Republicans (and any other politicians) that support her. They have no place in Iran. Please house them in Albania where they belong. I wish they would take Newt, Rudy and John with them to Albania.
- Reagan’s sales to both sides leading to an extension of the war, chemical weapons use and ultimately 1 million casualties
The big plus 1) Eisenhower’s toppling of the democratically elected government in Iran
I could go on and on. There were remarks by Republican Senator In a July 29 meeting of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC), Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC) claimed Iranians “are evil people. They’re dangerous.”In an interview on Fox News, Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee referred to Iranian authorities as “animals” and “terrorists” (Haaretz, 7/29/15). Host Sean Hannity egged the politician on, claiming the nuclear deal will lead to the bombing of Israel and a second Holocaust.
What all this has revealed is: for Republicans, when dealing with their adversaries like Iran, any sort of negotiation or diplomacy is inherently a weakness. They seek simplistic solutions, provide broad brush generalizations that in the end result in war. It’s really a cowboy, small rural town … approach to governance.
But war is never a real solution. Nothing good has come out their global wars? Vietnam? Iraq? Korea? We are still struggling with their idiotic decisions in those theatres. Negotiation or Diplomacy is, by definition, the process of talking to those you disagree with. Successful negotiation ends with an outcome that our adversaries actually praise. I.e. Win-Win resolution.
But no, they see their adversaries as inhuman. So what they really want is for them to fall to their knees and surrender to Republican might. This is what elected Republicans believe, and more importantly, it’s what they’ve been telling their constituents for years, so it’s what those constituents demand.But has this approach really worked for America? Will a Republican President pick a fight with Iran next?
So, what should Iranian-Americans do about it? Simple: not vote for these bastards; and go one step further actively organize and mobilize the public to vote for Democrats. F**K ‘em the same way they are F**king Iranians everywhere … trying to attach negative labels to Iranians.
The truth is, they are the real liars, cheats … motherf***** here. Look at the history of their party and their party leaders… and how they have helped destroy not only Iran but so many countries while they controlled the Whitehouse.
By the way, don’t think Democrats are saints either. But, at least they don’t go around disrespecting us in public the same way the Republicans do. That is with the exception of Wendy Sherman. (She was on the negotiating group for John Kerry with Iran on the nuclear issue, and publicly made a derogatory remark about Iranians in front of congress.) But, to be fair she is not an elected Democrat, nor is she ‘technically’ a party operative since she is a paid civil servant getting her pay check from the U.S. government and probably also from the Israeli government which explains why she was disrespectful to Iranians.
But, there is a fundamental truth. No one, yes NO ONE is holding these politicians accountable for these statements. The media is silent and cooperating in providing them forums to attack Iranians. What this means is that we, Iranians, everywhere MUST stand up and be counted…. And hold these people accountable. We MUST get involved. Must get mobilized. I can assure everyone that if the U.S. economy goes to hell, they will pick a fight with Iran, and this rhetoric will be amplified, and these folks will NOT hesitate to round up all Iranian-Americans and throw them in concentration camps like they did with the Japanese during WWII.
Mark my words. Iranians in America cannot be silent by standers. We must get involved. We must vote and work hard to promote those that DO NOT HATE US.